Opening bank account on Curacao or St. Maarten
Market captured the full onboarding process in an online
application; fully digitized and automated.
Apply online for opening a bank account on Curacao or opening a bank account on St Maarten today and significantly reduce waiting time, back-and-forth of sharing and collecting documents. The opening a bank account can be done in a matter of days instead of months.
Keeping You Informed
Traditionally, applying for opening a bank account with banks on Curacao and St. Maarten you can be left waiting weeks, even months, before getting the clarity you seek. First you need to complete and return endless paperwork to the bank's office, secondly it makes it a time-consuming and frustrating process.
Connect The Market has the solution for you.
Save time, save money and stay relaxed. Connect The Market has got you covered!
Log-in using a magic link sent to you by email.
No password required.
Choose the financial product you desire
Complete your online application form in minutes.
Complete the online onboarding forms!
Immediately view your preliminary deal online. No waiting, no hassle.
Securely upload supporting documents online.
Documents uploaded are encrypted and shared only with the trusted provider offering your deal.
After review by the financial institution, receive the bank account opening details!
Sign your contracts electronically, online and complete your online application.
Connect The Market, Here For You
Can’t find the answer you’re looking for? Reach out to our customer support team.
A bank account is a financial account held at a bank under the supervision of the Central Bank of Curacao and St Maarten. Amounts can be deposited and payments can be made. A checking account is a specific type of bank account used for daily payments and receipts. To open a bank account, one must contact a bank and provide the necessary documents and identification. The same applies to opening a checking account.
refers to managing financial affairs at a bank, such as making payments,
managing accounts and applying for loans. Banking refers to all financial
transactions and activities related to a bank account, such as transferring
money, checking balances and taking out loans. Additional fees are fees charged
on top of standard bank fees, such as for requesting an additional debit card.
A debit card is a card issued by the bank that one can use to perform transactions, such as withdrawing money and paying at stores. A credit card is a debit card that allows one to make purchases on credit. The amount spent with the credit card must be repaid later.
Interest expenses is
the compensation a bank gives for temporarily lending money. With a positive
balance in a bank account, the bank can pay interest to the account holder.
open a bank account, whether it is on Curacao or St Maarten or Bonaire, you
generally need to follow these steps (the process may vary slightly from bank
1. Research Banks: Look for banks in Curacao or banks in St Maarten, that offer the services and features that best suit your needs. Consider factors like fees, interest rates, online banking options, and customer reviews.
2. Gather Required Documents: Contact the chosen bank to learn about the specific documents you need to provide. Typically, you will need:
- Valid identification (e.g., passport or national ID card)
- Proof of address (e.g., utility bill or rental agreement)
- Proof of income or employment (e.g., pay stubs or employment contract)
3. Visit the Bank: Schedule an appointment or visit the bank directly to start the account opening process. Make sure to bring all the necessary documents with you.
4. Complete Application Form: Fill out the account opening application form provided by the bank. This form will require your personal information, contact details, and other relevant details.
5. Review Terms and Conditions: Thoroughly read the terms and conditions provided by the bank. Ensure that you fully understand any fees, withdrawal limitations, and any other rules related to the account.
6. Deposit Initial Funds: Some banks may require an initial deposit to open the account. Check with the bank regarding the amount and methods of deposit.
7. Provide Additional Information: Depending on the bank, you might be required to provide additional information such as your source of funds or the purpose of opening the account.
8. Follow-Up: After submitting your application, stay in touch with the bank to ensure the process is moving forward. Ask for any updates or additional requirements they may have.
9. Activate and Access Account: Once your application is approved, the bank will provide you with your account details, including account number and online banking credentials. Activate the account and set up any desired features like online banking or debit cards.